The Lyric is a registered charity and without the generous support of individuals, companies and trusts, it could not continue to produce such diverse theatre, support new writing or reach out to people of all ages and backgrounds through our education and community outreach work.
"Great theatre has the capacity to touch our lives in extraordinary ways and for over fifty years the Lyric has been an indispensable part of Northern Ireland's cultural heritage, empowering, inspiring, engaging and entertaining."
Liam Neeson OBE, Patron of the Lyric Theatre
What makes the Lyric unique?
- The Lyric is Northern Ireland’s only full-time producing theatre;
- It is an integral part of the community and makes a unique and vital contribution to Northern Ireland’s cultural life;
- It is NI's main employer of professional artists and is viewed as the creative and spiritual home for many talented actors, directors, designers and playwrights;
- It is the main contributor of arts education in NI.
Our mission is to produce high-quality professional theatre that is alive to the complex cultural experience and diverse traditions of our community.
Your support will help secure the brightest possible future for this great cultural institution and will ensure the creation and enjoyment of the arts by a wide and diverse constituency.
Where your money goes?
The Lyric is a registered charity and your support will help to:
- Continue to produce world-class productions home-grown in Belfast;
- Develop new audiences for the arts;
- Increase opportunities for active participation in the arts, particularly for children and young people within disadvantaged communities and marginalised groups;
- Increase access to the arts for people with disabilities;
- Nurture and support individual creative professional development through a programme of lifelong learning for aspiring writers, performers, directors and designers;
- Contribute to community development and good relations by promoting cultural diversity;
- Contribute to the development of cultural tourism and the creation of a new and positive image of Northern Ireland and its rich cultural heritage;
- Improve the company’s financial viability and long-term sustainability.
To find out more about supporting the Lyric Theatre's work, email firstname.lastname@example.org